The life of a birth keeper
Advanced doula professional development
After many requests we felt we wanted to provide something for the doula who’s already been supporting women for a while and wants to re-energise her world. This course is an opportunity for you to take your life as a birth keeper to the next level. With a small amount of self-study and developmental and reflective tasks we will also come together for a day of sharing. We have developed this day to help you realise your full potential and increase your skills.
We hope to explore
- your life as a doula so far…how has it grown you? is it working out for your family? are you taking care of yourself?revisiting your birth stories in light of the support you have already shared with families …do you feel differently now about your own experiences?
- reflecting deeply on at least one family you worked with …you’ll write up the story and look at your successes and how things may have been different.
- what can you do for the next generation of birthkeepers coming after you?
- are you practicing self-care? signs of burnout and effective methods of healing.
- advanced birthkeeper skills – rebozo, aromatherapy, acupressure.
- working on your relationship with your mother.
- exploring what happens for everyone involved when plans go astray.
This can be the next step to take your practice to a higher level and really nourish yourself as a birthkeeper.
Edinburgh and London facilitated by Nicola
Cost for the self-study and workshop is £150. This will also give you access to the very safe and nurturing closed group of existing Red Tent Doulas and what an incredible bunch of women they are. Get in touch to book. Places will be limited.